How to use our Chair-Lift
Ascend the Stairs
1. First, lower footrest on chair.
2. Before you sit in the chair, turn on the key located on the chair arm (this is easier to do while standing), ,
3. When you're sitting down in the chair notice the small bar that goes behind you on the back side of the seat. There are two black handles attached to that bar on the left and right side of the chair. Pushing down on either handle will release the locking mechanism and allow the chair to swivel 90 degrees to allow better access and exit when sitting down or standing up.
1. Both feet must be on the footrest.
2. Amrests must be in the down position.
3. There is a lever (or joystick) on the right armrest. Push the lever 'forward and hold' to activate until the chair stops.
The chair stops automatically when reaching either end of the stairs.
When at the top
1. release swivel 'lock' by pressing down on either black handle and swivel for exiting
2. lift armrests and stand-up,
3. turn off key, lower armrests, lift footrest up to side of chair.
Before "Calling the chair"
1. The footrest must be in the UP position,
2. Armrests must be in the DOWN position,
3. key on chair should be OFF,
The chair should always be left in these positions:
(footrest - UP) >> (armrests - DOWN) >> (chair key - OFF)
"Calling the chair" - if needed
1. Turn key on, in the small box (or station) on the wall at the top or bottom of the stairs,
2. Push button and hold to bring the chair to you (from the top or bottom) The chair will stop automatically.